Sharing photos and videos of parishioners and events at St Michael Orthodox Church is a privilege for us, and we intend to respect and honor it.
In this digital age, the church takes many pictures of choir performances and concerts, worship services, mission trips, special presentations, Church School, retreats, fellowship activities and community outreach projects. We use these pictures to record, to promote, and to celebrate our church ministries. Pictures are used on bulletin boards, in slide shows, in printed publications, and on our church website and social media. Online sharing includes church newsletters (online version), website, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube channel.
Media Use Policy
- Photos and videos are almost always of people in public spaces, and/or at public events.
- We will not knowingly post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in a photo or video.
- We do not identify children or youth by name in the photos and videos we use in our online and printed publications.
- To ensure the privacy of children and adults, the use of full names or personal identifying information requires verbal approval for adults and written approval for children from the parent or legal guardian.
- If copyright for a photo or video is held by someone other than St Michael Orthodox Church, we will receive permission to post it and gladly provide credit if desired by the photographer.
- We will gladly remove any photo or video upon request from our online sites. If you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, please call 502-454-3378 or notify the site administrator at email@example.com with the details.
Media Opt-Out Form
Some persons may choose not to have their photos, or photos of their children, used and we respect their wishes. Therefore, we are providing a Media Opt-Out form for individuals or families who prefer NOT to have photographs of themselves used by the church. If you have no objection to the use of your photos, you do not need to sign or return this form.
Copies of this form are available in the church office and online here.
Permissions for Use of Our Media and Content
We ask for your respect in return. We grant permission for limited sharing of our media and content. You may share YouTube Videos, website articles and Facebook stories on social media. You may link to our posted content but may not download and share content on a personal web page without permission. Please add attribution to St Michael Orthodox Church for any media you share with permission.
Please call 502-454-3378 or write to us at 3701 St Michael Church Dr, Louisville, KY 40220 if you have any questions or concerns about our Media Use Policy. You can also send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.